How to Embed Facebook Posts in WordPress
With PublishPress Embeds, you can add Facebook Posts to WordPress, using just a URL.
Facebook is the world’s most popular social network. Many, many WordPress users want so share Facebook posts on their site.
Facebook Post embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. PublishPress Embeds is different. With PublishPress Embeds, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Facebook Post URL.
Here’s how to embed any Facebook Post into your WordPress site, using the PublishPress Embeds plugin.
Step #1. Install the PublishPress Embeds plugin
PublishPress Embeds is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install PublishPress Embeds and your WordPress site will become have more powerful media options. Click here to find PublishPress Embeds on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Find the Facebook post
- Login to Facebook.com
- Select any post you like to embed to your WordPress site. The image below gives an example post:
- Copy the URL from the address bar, as shown below:
Step #3. Publish your WordPress Facebook embeds
Now you have the Facebook Post URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Facebook Post URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Facebook Post:
- Save and publish your post.
- On the front of your site, you’ll see that the embed has worked successfully:
Step #4. Edit your WordPress Facebook embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to PublishPress Embeds.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.
Sometimes Facebook will show the wrong language for posts. If you see this on your site, go to the PublishPress Embeds settings and choose the correct language: